CREATIVE STYLING DOG & CAT COMPETITION
- The Creative Contest is an exhibition of colorfully staged, uniquely presented and exquisitely groomed dogs and cats using props and music for the presentation. Any purebred or mixed breed dog or cat can be used. This contest is open to a total of 20 participants. Electrical outlets will be limited to one per entry.
- The spa will be available to groom and do touch ups on your entry at 12:00pm on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 before contest starts.
- Competitors will be allowed 15 minutes to setup in designated 5’x 5’ areas and add props before Judging.
- All entries in this class must be completely groomed and finished before contest starts at 3:30 pm.
- Exhibits exceeding 5’x 5’ will be disqualified
Winners will be determined by:
- Originality and creativity of the design and theme
- Quality of styling techniques
- Sharpness and precision of clipper lines
- Sharpness and/or blending of color
- Quality of scissor finish
- Quality and harmony of props and decorations in the final presentation (maximum 2 minute presentation)
- Competitors must title their designs.
Competitors may color their dog or cat prior to Competition Start, using only safe, non-toxic products for pets & stylist. Competitors must list products used on their registration form. Music may also be used in presentation to Judge(s) but is the sole responsibility of the competitor. DVD presentations are not allowed.
Entry Level is for anyone that has not placed 1st or 2nd in a Creative Contest.
Open Division – Any Competitor may enter the Open Division
Creative Styling Awards
Prize and Trophy
Open: 1st Place – $2,500.00 2nd Place – $1,500.00 3rd Place – $1,000.00
Entry: 1st Place – $500.00 2nd Place – $300.00 3rd Place – $200.00