Acceptable coat growth for all GT sanctioned classes:
It is the responsibility of the show promoter and /or their designated judges to determine adequate coat growth.
Acceptable Styling for all GT sanctioned classes:
- All styling must take place during the time frame of the competition except where noted below
- All dogs must be groomed according to breed standard with the exception of Poodle as noted below
- All dogs may have sanitary and pads shaved prior to class start
- All dogs may have nails trimmed and ears cleaned prior to class start
- Finishing sprays, are permissible in order to tidy up after competition time frame ends however, re-‐shaping with water or product application is prohibited
- Chalk products are permissible prior to and during the competition time frame but are prohibited after time is called
- Wire Coats must be hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring
- Sporting coats must be carded and/or hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring
- Other Purebreds must be styled as presented in the conformation show ring
- Poodles can be styled as presented in the conformation show ring or pet trims, provided they respect the breed profile as set forth by the standard
Acceptable breeds: All sizes, natural colors of purebred Poodles
This class may be split into two separate classes as follows: 17” and under, Over 17” 11” and under – 1:30 (One hour & thirty minutes)
Over 11” up to and including 17” – 1:45 (one hour and forty-‐five minutes) Over 17” up to and including 23” – 2:00 (Two hours)
Over 23” -‐ 2:15 (Two hours and fifteen minutes) When splitting the Poodle class the following stipulations apply:
- A competition must take place between the three finalists from each of the two Open Division Poodle classes to determine the placements of the combined Poodle class, for a final 1st, 2nd and 3rd for all Open Division Poodles. Only the Final place winners may be awarded GT
- Only the final Poodle class point winners will be eligible to represent Open division in the Poodle Group.
Poodle Styling: All pet and show poodle styles are acceptable provided they respect the breed profile of the poodle.
- Feet must be shaved
- Feet may be shaved prior to competition start time. NO extra time will be permitted if not completed prior to class start
- Face must be shaved during competition time frame
- Small mustache or goatee are permitted
- Scissored face styles such as Bichon or scissored type faces are prohibited
- Show topknots may be pre-‐banded, including hair extensions prior to the start of the class, spray up products are prohibited prior to the start of the class.