Wire Coats – GT Sanctioned
Acceptable coat growth for all GT sanctioned classes:
It is the responsibility of the show promoter and /or their designated judges to determine adequate coat growth.
Acceptable Styling for all GT sanctioned classes:
- All styling must take place during the time frame of the competition except where noted below
- All dogs must be groomed according to breed standard with the exception of Poodle as noted below
- All dogs may have sanitary and pads shaved prior to class start
- All dogs may have nails trimmed and ears cleaned prior to class start
- Finishing sprays, are permissible in order to tidy up after competition time frame ends however, re-‐shaping with water or product application is prohibited
- Chalk products are permissible prior to and during the competition time frame but are prohibited after time is called
- Wire Coats must be hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring
- Sporting coats must be carded and/or hand stripped. Clippers are only permissible as presented in the conformation show ring
- Other Purebreds must be styled as presented in the conformation show ring
- Poodles can be styled as presented in the conformation show ring or pet trims, provided they respect the breed profile as set forth by the standard
All Wire Coated Pure Breeds
Acceptable breeds, Open Division: Pure breeds with wire coat types that are hand stripped. (See specific breed list) Styling: Must be groomed to breed profile as presented in the conformation show ring.
Time Frames: See specific breed List.
|Wire Coats – Hand Strip|
|West Highland White Terrier||2:00|
|Wire Fox Terrier||2:00|