Success in the pet industry takes more than a love for animals—it requires providing your customers with the latest on-trend products and exceeding their expectations with in-demand services. You’ll find all of this at SuperZoo, where a little preparation goes a long way when it comes to making the most of your time at North America’s premier pet industry event. Read on for our top tips on how to find all you need to boost sales and improve your business before, during and after your time onsite.
BEFORE YOU GO
Book travel in advance for the best deals! International attendees, click here for special travel resources just for you.
Plan your time wisely
- Review the schedule in advance, so you know when and where it’s all happening, from trade show hours to education sessions.
- Get a handle on the trade show floor
- Map out your interests. The show floor is massive, so you’ll need a plan. Divided into tailored ‘neighborhoods’ offering every type of pet product imaginable, you can quickly find your areas of interest, while leaving unstructured time to browse and discover the unexpected.
- Prioritize exhibitors. Make a schedule with a list of exhibitors you have to see, and those you want to see if there’s time. Tip: Use the Advanced Search feature to sort by product category, and save key exhibitors to a personal list.
- Want more? Review exhibitor press releases to see if any products or specials catch your eye.
- Review the education schedule, and sign up for sessions early to guarantee your spot. Sessions start on the Monday before the show floor opens, so you have time to take advantage of the pet industry’s top educational offerings.
- Download the Super Zoo mobile app before the show. Plan a personal schedule and map to make the most of your time onsite.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE
Start off on the right foot! We’ve even dedicated a session to it, held on Monday, August 19th—the day before the trade show floor opens. Whether you’re a first time attendee or a 10-year veteran, spend 30 minutes learning ways to maximize your time and improve your business. We’ll also feature a live demo of the SuperZoo mobile app.
- Be comfortable and put your best “brand” forward! When you’re onsite at a trade show, you’re representing your brand. Comfy shoes are fine, but remember to wear professional clothing that shows you mean business. Bring a backpack or roller bag to hold water, snacks, notepad, pens and exhibitor info and don’t forget your business cards!
- Be respectful and courteous of exhibitors. Most exhibitors don’t offer samples and don’t sell single items (bulk orders only), so be courteous with your requests!
- Make connections. Take advantage of onsite opportunities to network with other pet industry professionals at our Networking Reception and SuperZoo Concert. Consider reaching out before the show to exhibitors and pet pros in your network to see if they’re attending and want to grab lunch. There’s nothing like a face-to-face meeting to solidify a relationship!
AFTER THE SHOW
Follow up. While you’re onsite, devise a system for tracking new contacts, so you can follow up post-show. Send an email within a day or two of meeting someone new to keep the relationship top-of-mind.
Summarize action items. Was there a genius idea uncovered during an education session, a product you want to research a bit more, or a contact you could reach out to? Make a note!
Share and implement your insights to grow your business. Are you the boss? Share inspiration and new insights with your staff. If you’re an employee, impress your boss with a meeting invite to review your new ideas for improving the business.