See all of the pet products that are about to be huge, first
This year, one of the most popular areas of the SuperZoo show floor is jam-packed with even more expert insights, new-to-market products, business opportunities and excitement than ever before! Plan to spend extra time at the New Product Showcase, where you’ll get a comprehensive view of what’s hot in pet retail now and see the trends and companies that are about to be huge, first.
New Product Showcase Awards
A panel of seven industry experts and influencers will name the winners of the New Product Showcase on Tuesday, Aug. 20 at 1:30 pm. Top products take home highly effective promotion packages — along with pride and glory.
Judges will vote for the best overall product in each of these categories:
- Innovative: Pioneering, never-before-seen solutions
- Lifestyle: Products designed to improve pets’ health and well-being
- Shelf Appeal: Packaging that stands out and clearly conveys the benefits of the product
- Point of Purchase: In-store displays that grab shoppers’ attention
- Technology: New products with modern, high-tech features
- Humanized Pet Product: Pet products that also benefit humans
- New Food Product: Original, new-to-market food and treats
- Signage in the New Product Showcase area of the show floor
- A listing in the SuperZoo mobile app with a notification announcing their win
- Their social media accounts featured by SuperZoo
- Inclusion in the ‘winner announcement’ email sent to all attendees
- A mention in a press release sent to trade and consumer publications
- Email with digital artwork that can be used to promote their products after the show
Panel Discussions and Prizes
Pet Care Innovation Prize – Wednesday, August 21st 1 pm and 3 pm
The Pet Care Innovation Prize is a competition to support and connect innovative early-stage companies with products and/or services for sale, powered by a global leader in pet care – Nestlé Purina PetCare.
- Panel Discussion 1:00pm – “Data-Driven Pet Care Startups”: Whether you’re a hardware, software, SaaS or e-commerce pet care startup, data should be at the center of everything you do. Learn how to put data, tech and strategy at the heart of your startup.
- Panel Discussion 3:00pm – “Putting the Pet in the Center of your Pet Care Startup”: Lots of startups talk about UX but PX (the pet experience) should be on your mind more. Learn from behavioralists, nutritionists and founders on how to leverage the pet experience to grow great pet care startups.
Leap Pet Project – Wednesday, August 21st 10 -11 am
Leap Pet Project is Leap Ventures’ startup pitch competition series, bringing six of the most promising pet care startups to the stage for a live contest at the industry’s biggest events. The winner receives $15k in prize money. Startups pitching include: Adopets, Bark Buildings, Bond Pet Foods, Mew & Me, NewRoad Foods, and TEEF.
Factory LLC – Tuesday, August 20th
Factory is a team of experienced operators with $250 million of investable capital who acquire meaningful equity stakes in high potential food, beverage and pet health companies and partner with them to rapidly build value.
Even More to Explore
This year, two of the most frequented show features (and an exciting new addition) are moving into the New Product Showcase area of the show floor, creating the ultimate pet product trend and innovation hub. Discover exclusive products that haven’t hit the market yet at the New Product Showcase and check out these features while you’re there!
- Made In the USA Showcase: Tap into the locally made trend with high-quality products that proudly say “Made in the USA” on their packaging.
- Pet Tech Center: Source the automated, Bluetooth enabled, robotic and smart devices that today’s consumers are searching for.
- New for 2019! The SuperZoo Incubator: Discover trailblazing startup companies and the big names/potential investors who could help them take their businesses to the next level here — and stick around for actionable business advice from pet industry leaders.